Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Landscaping

During this very busy spring and early summer of t-ball, t-ball, gymnastics, t-ball and more t-ball Dave and I were able to spend a little time re-doing the landscaping in our front yard.

When we moved in our front yard looked like this



It was all builder grade plants that had the same feel as an apartment complex. I am not a fan of anything in the pine or evergreen family. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm allergic to them but beyond that I just don't like them. I was so happy the day I came home from work and Dave had them dug up.

That same evening we took a trip to Home Depo to check things out and finalize our plan. We picked out most of the plants we wanted to place in the front and we found some nice stone edging. After a little convincing I was able to talk Dave into the new shape of the flower bed.

Finally on Father's Day (Dave's idea not mine) we purchased all our supplies. The edging, a couple of boxwood's, a hydrangea bush, hostas, and a few annuals that I can't remember the name of. After 4 very long, very hot hours we finally finished everything. After adding some solar lights and a flag we have this.





I think Dave said it best "now it looks like a home and not an apartment complex!"

1 comment:

Tiffany McCallen said...

Very nice, Jess! Want to come weed my beds?