Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Snow Go Away

By the time I reach February I am done with winter. I really only like the cold and snow between Thanksgiving and New Years after that I want spring and summer. Unfortunately here in Ohio winter doesn't really even start till January and typically we get a big snow storm every February.

This year is no different. Yesterday morning it started snowing and by noon they were closing all the schools in central Ohio. So I left work at lunch time to go and pick Emma up from school. If school closes then so does her after school care so I didn't have a choice but to go and get her. Since it was Friday I was more than happy to leave early. Once I picked her up we ran to Kroger for a few things and then I picked Ian up. The roads weren't too bad yet but I knew if the snow kept coming the way it was by the time 4:00 rolled around they would be.

The kids and I put our jammies on popped some popcorn and cuddle up to watch movies. We started with Honey I Blew Up the Kid. Next we watched the Hannah Montana movie. Just as it was ending Dave got home from work and it was time for dinner. After a long stressful week this was the perfect way to end it.

It snowed all through the night so everything is covered which means here in a little while I will spend an hour bundling the kids up so they can play in the snow. Hopefully this will be the last snow like this of the year so I can't not let them out to play in it. For the rest of you stuck with this snow stay warm.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun, comfy afternoon and night. Enjoy the time outside today!