Sunday, February 7, 2010

Surprise

After two weeks of listening to my mom whine and complain about us not doing much for her 50th birthday I was finally able to get her back for that. I had planned a lunch at the Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse and mom thought it was just going to me us, her, KJ, Nick, and Alicia and that it was going to be for her and Alicia. She was a little surprised when she walked into the restaurant and her mom, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and sister-in-law were also there.

I had made reservations for 1:00 but there were still people sitting at the table we were to be at so we ended up having to wait for about 20 minutes before we could seated which was a little frustrating. Since we had a group of 14 they brought out 2 chefs so the food could be cooked and served faster. Both of my kids wanted to sit by their Aunt and Uncles so they sat at one side and Dave and I sat at the other.







It ended up being kind of nice, almost like a date for Dave and I. Thankfully the kids were good for Aunt Alicia, Uncle Nicky, and Uncle KJ. The kids love Japanese food and they really love eating with chopsticks.





I think they actually ate better with those than with forks.

My Grandma told the servers that we were there to celebrate my moms 50th birthday so they brought her out a big pineapple and sang to her. They made her stand up and announced that we were there celebrating her 74th birthday which we all found hysterical but she didn't.





Mom really enjoyed her surprise lunch and I think everyone had a good time. I am so glad we were able to keep it a secret and really surprise her. Happy Birthday Mom.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

oh good, I'm glad it came off as planned....happy belated birthday, Mom!

Tiffany McCallen said...

You rock, Jess! What a nice daughter you are. :)