Monday, July 20, 2009

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

Well it is my birthday but I don't plan on crying today i just love that saying. On second thought maybe I should cry a little because I am sitting here at work on my morning break typing this while Dave and the kids are at home today. Is something wrong with this picture?

Anyway, the ladies at work were super nice and surprised me with a potluck (Julie slipped and spilled the beans on Friday but I was surprised then)and a very nice card. So far I have had some very good doughnuts and strawberries and I can't wait to see what else is here today.

This evening my mom, sister, brother, sister-in-law, and baby brother will be coming over to my house and my mom is going to cook Turkey Cheddar Brats (Johnsinvilles of course), macaroni salad, fresh corn on the cob from the local farmers market, and for desert Coldstone Creameries Ice Cream Cupcakes. It is tradition in my family theat the birthday person gets to pick the meal on their birthday and no matter what else I have there is always corn on the cob and either a cherry pie or ice cream cake and this year wont be any differnt. Emma is a little disappointed that I will not be opening any presents because my mom paid for me to get my haior done last week which I love, My MIL sent me money with my b-day card, and then of course I have my vacation from Dave that we leave for Wendesday morning. Something tells me though that Emma will have something for me to unwrap no matter how small it is because she just can't stand the thought of me not opening anything.

Ok my break is almost over so I guess thats all for now. Hopefully I will have time to post some pictures of my new hair tomorrow before we leave for Savannah. If not I am hoping to get in at least one post while we are on vacation but who knows how things will go so if not have a great week!

2 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Awww, don't cry! Maybe you will get to leave work a little early. I always hated to work on my birthday too! Hope you have a great birthday and many, many more!

Tiffany McCallen said...

Happy, happy birthday, Jess! Just think, vacation is right around the corner. Hang in there!