Sunday, July 12, 2009

Shopping Therapy

Work has been very stressful for the last month or so but this past week was by far one of the most stressful that I have had there. Every evening last week I did an hour of yoga to try and relieve that stress and while it did some it wasn't enough.

So yesterday Dave treated me to a shopping spree, well kind of. Both of us have been in need of some new summer clothes to take on our vacation next week and when Sharon called and asked for the kids Thursday evening it seemed like this weekend would be to time to finally go and get what we needed.

We started by getting Dave some new shirts and shorts at Kohls on Friday evening. Then Saturday morning I got up and headed to New York & Company. I had never been to that store before but alot of my friends shop there and they all look so cute so I thought I would give it a try. I apparently picked the perfect weekend to go because everything in the store was 50 % off which meant I made a killing. I loved the way all there clothes fit and even if they wouldn't have been on sale the prices were not bad at all. After my killing there I stopped at Victoria Secrets and bought two new bras that I was desperate for. My last stop for the day was at Target to see about a pair of sandals I had been thinking about. By that time I was starving so I grabed some lunch and headed home.

It wasn't over there though, I needed to go back to Kohls for myself this time so I went this afternoon but really didn't find anything for myself. I did however pick up a pair of sandals and a shirt for Dave.

So after a weekend of shopping and great deals I am feeling much more relaxed and ready to start a new week. I'm just praying it's not as stressful as last week was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it about buying new clothes that just makes us feel so darn good? Lucky lady! :) - tif

Anonymous said...

Go ON Jess, you deserve it baby girl~!
Love you so<
EMs

Jen said...

Super fun! I love shopping, and to do it all together like that. Fun! Fun!

SouthernDogwoods said...

It is amazing what a shopping trip will do for you. I am planning an "all alone" shopping trip soon. I have not been in a while and it is time. So glad you got to go shopping and find some good stuff.