Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter 2010

This year we spent Easter the same way we have the past four years. We started on Saturday by going to my grandma's house. It was strange this year because my sister wasn't there but other than that it was a normal Easter for our family. We ate a great meal and then my Aunt Pat and I laid the trails to all the kids Easter baskets. In our family the grandma's get the kids baskets each year and the way they find their is by following the trail of Easter eggs with their initials on them. We figure since they are 7 and under hiding the eggs would still be too hard.







Once the kids were back inside playing with all their new stuff my Aunt and I sat down to book our plane tickets to San Diego. We leave in just two days and I can't wait to see my sister.

Sunday morning we woke up to Emma nearly in tears because she had come downstairs and there were no eggs or baskets anywhere. Her exact words to me were "but mommy Ian and I were so good I promise! Why didn't the Easter Bunny leave us a basket?" I had to tell her that I bet the bunny just hid them really well. Of course that is exactly what he did. See since it was so nice outside this year the bunny left there eggs and baskets outside. So once Dave and I got up we took them outside to look.





Then it was time to get ready to go up to Dave's mom house for more eggs and baskets.













Finally we were able to come home and relax for a while before bed time while the kids worked on the activity books that the Easter bunny got for them. It was a wonderful weekend spent with family.

No comments: