Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yes I am still alive!

Last Sunday I came down with Strep and it has taken this whole week for me to get back to normal. I used to get Strep allot as a teenager but it has been years since I have gotten this. Apparently a few of the parents of other kids at my kids babysitters had it the week before and for me it doesn't take much exposer for me to come down with it. According to the doctor it was a very bad case and they put me on a very strong antibiotic. I spent Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in bed. I finally went back to work on Thursday but it was a very long day but Friday was a better and today has been much better.

Before I got sick I had plans of writing a post for Sunday all about the great day the kids and I had last Saturday. I spent all of the morning doing some heavy duty spring cleaning. Around 1:30 that afternoon I called my friend Lindsay to see if her and her kids wanted to join Emma, Ian, and me at a park. It was a very nice and sunny day and after all the cleaning I didn't want the kids in the house to mess it up. So we drove over to Lindsay's house and then we all drove to the playground at Slate Run. The playground out there was really nice they had the normal swings which everyone likes but then they had two different play sets. One was for younger kids with shorter slides and bridges and the other had big slides, big bridges, a zip cord, and this strange stepping stone thing. All the kids had a great time and ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

After the park Lindsay invited us to an Easter Egg hunt at her sisters church and a dinner afterwards. Of course the kids loved hunting the eggs and everyone they found had some kind of candy in it which made them even better. They both ended up with a ton of eggs. At the end of the dinner everyone family there was given one of those green grocery bags filled with canned good to take home with them. Apparently whenever this church has these meals they do this and you are asked to take the bag home after that you can keep it or give it to someone in need.

Last Friday and Saturday were very nice days here and then Sunday came and everything changed. I am very thankful to have made it through the week. There were a few moments where I really thought I was dying! So I am still here and kicking and I promise that by Monday you will have a full report of all our Easter events!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back and feeling better! Happy Easter! - tif

SouthernDogwoods said...

Glad you are feeling better!!!!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! I knew it must be bad when you went missing from the blog. :)