Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Globetrotter

Today at work I received the Globetrotter award for my section. Currently in our office we have a contest going which is supposed to motivate us to reach our collection goal of $360 million for the fiscal year. The contest has the theme of Around the world 360 degrees and the employee of the month award is called the Globetrotters award.

I was nominated for this award by my new Manager for my hard work on a formal proposal for a new billing process as well as my customer service and hard work working with one of our biggest clients to reconcile some of their billing issues.

Now apparently right around 3 o'clock this afternoon and email was sent out to gather in our normal meeting spot but I had already left my desk for my break so I had no idea we had a meeting (I wasn't the only one). Just as I was coming back one of my co-workers came running down and telling me to hurry and get upstairs they needed me. I was really confused and kept asking her what she was talking about. Finally just as we were getting up stairs she said that I had one an award. Of course when I got up there all 160 plus employees were standing around waiting for me so it was a little embarrassing. I did recieve a nice award and a hand written note from the Attorney General Richard Cordray as well as a State of Ohio Attorney General seal pin (the kind you put on your shirt). I also had to have my picture taken with the Attorney General.

I am very honored that my manager thought I deserved this and I was also very surprised that I received it so thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess! You always did have a fantastic work ethic. This doesn't surprise me at all. Way to go! - tif

SouthernDogwoods said...

Congratulations! Don't you just love surprises!