Saturday, February 21, 2009

Good Friday

Yesterday was a good Friday, the first in a long time. The day started as it always does with me going to work. For the last 2 months work has been complete hell thanks to the administration change. These are always hard to deal with because most things get put on hold until the new person figures out what is going on. It also means that all the managers and other who serve at the pleasure of the Attorney General are freaking out because they don't know if they are going to keep their jobs or not. Anyway our Manager is one of those that might not be around much longer and that has made him even more of an ass than normal. Yesterday however I did not have to talk to him about anything which helped make the day better. I was also able to learn some new things that are becoming my responsibility, train my supervisor on some of the new things I have already taken on that our Manager wouldn't train her on, and accomplish all of my to-do list yesterday.

At 4 I left work and went to pick up the kids. Thursday evening my MIL called and apparently she had talked to Dave earlier in the week about getting the kids again this weekend. We have some things going on Sunday so she is going to bring them back early but I couldn't tell her no all together because she seemed really excited about seeing them. I'm not sure what is going on with this every two weeks thing but I'm not complaining. So I picked the kids up and headed north towards our meeting spot. We pass Dave's work on the way up so typically we stop and pick him up since I get their about the same time he is supposed to get off work. This wasn't the case yesterday because Dave had three appointments scheduled for yesterday evening but the kids and I stopped anyway so he could see them and because we had some time to kill. While we were standing around talking to some of Dave's co-workers one of them came up and was talking to Emma. He told her that she looked very pretty and her response was "I know thank you"! I about died when she said that, but everyone just laughed and then said that Emma may look like me but she was all Dave. It is very true though Emma's personality is more Dave's than mine and the tell-it-like-it-is, No BS she gets from her dad for sure.

I left there and met my MIL, then I headed back home. Dave called on my way back home and said he would be home around eight so I should hold off on dinner so we could eat together. So I came home and changed my clothes, fixed my hair and make-up, and played a few games on boggle online until Dave got home. Dave was in the mood for Mexican so we went up to Las Margarita's for dinner. It was packed but we didn't have to wait to long for a table. Now for me I can't go to this restaurant without ordering a Frozen Margarita. They are huge and really good! It took a long time for them to get our food out to us but they give you free chips and salsa that of course taste amazing but Dave and I went through two bowls of them and I had drank half my Margarita. Finally our food got to us and it was GREAT as always, and too much so I have my Nachos for lunch today. By the time we left the restaurant I was feeling more than a buzz from my one drink but now quite drunk. It was very strange since I only had the one margarita the only thing I can think is that my stomach was too empty when I started drinking.

Since Dave had to work early this morning we came back home and we just sat in the living room and talked for a couple of hours about all kinds of things. It reminded me of the conversations we used to have when we were in High School and it was so nice.

So there you have it my Good Friday, the first in a long time.

*A side note for you, Ian didn't have any accidents yesterday either1 YAY!!!!*

3 comments:

Emily said...

Jess, you deserve it girl! SO happy you had a great night!

Tiffany McCallen said...

That sounds really nice. Just really nice. You are a lucky lady!! And glad to hear about Ian too. Woohoo!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great night! Good for you....to many more.... :)