Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Phone Call

We had just finished dinner tonight and I was cleaning up the mess in the kitchen when the phone rang. I dried my wet hands off and ran into the living room to see who it was. Of course it was just a stupid telemarketer so I let it ring until our voice mail picked up. Not even 2 seconds after it stopped ringing it started again. I figured it was the same telemarketer again but I still had to run in to see who it was.

Surprisingly it was my MIL calling. Now as much as I love her and think she is awesome I hate, HATE, talking to her on the phone because once you pick it up you are locked in for at least an hour. She usually doesn't call during the week while Dave is at work unless she needs to talk to me or something is wrong so even though I was in the middle of cleaning the kitchen I picked up.

Man am I glad I did because she immediately said she was calling to see if she could have the kids this weekend. Of course my answer was yes even though I was shocked that she was asking to have them so soon after the last time.

So now what should I do with my kid free weekend? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Emily said...

MAKE MORE KIDS!
Hee hee.
I love you. Sleep in, loaf around the house, take a bath, watch a movie ADULTS!!
You deserve it!
Love you and ENJOY your weekend.

Mom In Progress said...

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!! Then enjoy it some more for the rest of us with no such fabulous MIL. ;)

Kelly said...

Wow! What a great MIL! After you're done doing your cartwheels, are there any undone projects you've been meaning to get to, but never have the time?

Tiffany McCallen said...

You should celebrate!!! Sounds like a great time, Jess... you're a lucky girl. I would make plans with you if we weren't already busy bees. Enjoy!

Lindsay said...

Enjoy it....go to a movie, dinner, friends house??? I wish my MIL would call. I've been wanting to go to the movies for a while now and still have yet to make it there. :)