Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some Privacy Please

Yesterday evening when I got home from work and picking up the kids I let Ginger outside and since it was nice I left the screen door open as well as the door that leads from the kitchen into the office which is where the screen door is. After opening some other windows in the house I came into my bedroom to change my clothes. While I was changing I heard the door from the kitchen to the office close and figured it was one of the kids thinking I left it open on accident.

Once I was changes I went into the kitchen and opened the door to the office to find Ian standing with the screen door open, his butt hanging out the door with his pants and underwear down. Now any parent that has watched a child poop there pants would have recognized the look on Ian's face but I still had to ask my son just what in the world he was doing. Of course he responded with a very strained I have to poop! It was at that point that I started yelling ran over to him and carried him to the bathroom. Once Ian was on the toilet I ran back to the porch to see if there was any kind of mess for me to clean and thankfully there was not. I went back to the bathroom and asked Ian why he was trying to poop on the porch instead of in the toilet and I got nothing from him. So I explained to him that we can not EVER poop on the porch and that we have to use the toilet.

Of course in the heat of the moment I did not stop to think about taking a picture but looking back I really wish I had. The look on Ian's face was truly priceless and it would have made some very good blackmail one day. I also can't help but laugh at the thought of my son trying to poop on the porch and at the fact that he closed the door to the office for some privacy while pooping. The older this kid gets and the more crazy things he does I become more and more convinced that he really is the cause of my gray hairs. He really may be the death of me.

3 comments:

T said...

oh my...that is soo stinking funny!!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Too funny! One day while the girls were out back swimming - Abby dropped her bathing suit and attempted to poop in the yard - luckily I ran her up the stairs to the bathroom and then asked her Why? She responded Sugar poops in the yard! Yes, honey, but she is a dog!

Anonymous said...

I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go! Great stuff. At least your kids are potty trained! - tif