Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Cold

No I am not referring to the temperature for once that is actually hot this summer. I am referring to the chest cold I have obtained.

I woke up Saturday morning feeling like death and it continued all through the weekend and it's still going strong. My chest feels like it's on fire and I can not stop coughing. I have coughed so much that I'm pretty sure I've pulled some muscles in my chest. I did that once in high school and if my memory is correct this feels allot like it.

I did suck it up some this weekend and attended my MIL's 50th birthday party. We had a nice small gathering a Highbanks Park. Sharon is the third of seven kids in her family and all of them came with their kids and their kids kids in some cases. In order to make it easier on everyone we all were in charge of bringing different things for the meal. Dave and I were in charge of buns and chips. I had planned on making my homemade salsa but the cold got in the way of that. In face Dave was the one that had to go to the store and get our stuff so it turned out to be a very good thing that we got some easy items. I was very happy when we arrived that the shelter house Dave's Aunt choose was in the back and in the shade, it made it much easier for me to sit there all day. Dave and the kids played on the near by swings allot and they also played a little catch and kick ball with the gloves and balls we brought with us. There is only one thing I am disappointed in and that is that I forgot to get a picture of the finished platter we made for Sharon. It turned out so good and she really liked it. If any of you are in the central Ohio area I highly recommend Color Your World at Easton.

So now I am just trying to get rid of this nasty cough before this weekend and my 10 year class reunion. Something tells me it will be tagging along with me. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer colds are the absolute worst! Noah has a little bug right now (from where, I have no idea). It's just a runny nose right now, but I know what's ahead. Hopefully, that won't include me. Hope you feel better very soon! Get some rest! - tif

T said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!