Saturday, December 20, 2008

My week in Review

This week has been a strange and busy one for me and I wasn't able to tell you all the things going on. So I will give you a review of my week.

Starting off with Sunday we had Ian's birthday party which was great. Later that evening I attended a Jewelry party hosted by one of Dave's managers. The women selling the jewelry was the General Managers wife and the rest of the women there were all wives of the other managers so I was very nervous about going. It turned out to be a nice evening and everyone but one of the wives was really nice.

Monday was a rough day and you can read here to find out why. It was also Gymnastics's day which meant we rushed home to eat and change so we could make it to class on time.

Tuesday I actually got to come home and relax after dinner. The kids played nicely all evening, then it was time for bed. About 15 minutes after I tucked them in Emma came down the stairs screaming at the top of her lungs. You really would have thought someone was chasing her. As I rounded the corner into the kitchen I saw her coming down the stairs holding up her nightgown and something was on her leg but I couldn't tell what it was. When she got to the bottom I realized she had poop on her leg and my first thought was she had diarrhea but she told me no when I asked her if she was sick. Once I got it cleaned off her leg she calmed down enough to explain to me that Ian had taken his pants and diaper off then rubbed his poopy butt on her leg. Of course I raced up the stairs wondering the whole time what I would find in the room. In my mind I was seeing poop smeared all over the walls and bed but it seems Ian only put it on Emma's leg.

Wednesday was another crazy busy day for me. Dave was off so he picked the kids up from the sitters so I came straight home and changed my clothes. Mom came over shortly after I got home and she watched the kids while Dave and I went and got the kids Christmas presents. Usually I have things done by now and even wrapped but Dave's work screwed his check up right after Thanksgiving and they didn't pay him back the money they shorted him until Monday. Of course that money was our Christmas money so there we were Wednesday evening doing all of our shopping. The only good thing about this year was I was able to find exactly what I wanted for them all at the same store.

Thursday marked 12 years that Dave and I have been together and he surprised me with something to celebrate it but you will have to go and read all about that.

Finally Friday came along and while work was complete chaos things at home were pretty relaxed. So much so that I was able to talk Dave into going grocery shopping with the kids and I. Usually I wait until the kids have gone to bed and I go by myself but last night I really didn't want to wait that long.

That brings us to today and so far things have been good, well kind of. When Dave got up at 7:30 this morning Ian was in the living room playing with both mine and Dave's phones and he had Dave's wallet with most of it's contents on the floor. Once Dave got Ian to pick it all up Ian came in and laid down with me so I was able to sleep until 9. I'm not sure how long Ian had been up this morning but if I had to guess I would say awhile because Ian stayed asleep until 11. that allowed me to take a shower and clean the Kitchen, Living room, dinning room, and bathroom all before he got up. Now I can enjoy the rest of my afternoon watching TV and playing with the kids.

So how was your week?


Tiffany McCallen said...

You were busy! My week? Pukey.

Emily said...

Whew Jess, I am out of breath just thinking about it!
I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers in hopes for a much, much better week!
Love you!!