Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Be Nice, I have been to you

I know this is a risk to post but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I am not happy about what today is historical importance or not. I am actually the exact opposite, sad and scared.

Anyone that knows me knows that I did not vote for President Obama. I am a conservative Republican and even now I am not afraid to admit that. I am however afraid of what our newest President and his liberal friends will do to our country.

I asked in my title that you be nice to me because I haven't said anything mean to anyone who did vote for him and is excited and happy about this. I am just saying I'm not happy with it, thats all.

I will leave you with a quote I recently came across that seems to be appropriate, at least for me, right now.

You cannot help men permanently by doing
for them what they could and should
do for themselves.

Abraham Lincoln

4 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

Amen. I am also a conservative Republican and actually avoided inaguration coverage. Glowing speeches and accolades should be saved for positive action, not just winning an elecion and not just color. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic.

Emily said...

Jess, you know I am not really anything, but I am definately Pro-Jess, I support you and will kick anyone's butt who says otherwise.
This is a America, last I checked and the very first ammendment clearly states that you have the right to have your own opinion. I love you more for sticking to your guns and staunchly supporting your beliefs, to me that is an admiral quality.
You know I have your back and completely respect your feelings and beliefs!!!
Love you!!!

Tiffany McCallen said...

Hey Jess, I am sorry that you are scared and saddened by today's events. I feel for you in that regard, because I do love you. :) Even though I tend to be a very moderate Democrat (even though I have voted Republican and Democrat in the past, and I always go into an election voting for my candidate of choice, not my party of choice), I do believe that our country needs balance, including a shift in power from Republican to Democrat and vice versa. For many in America, it was a very difficult eight years, and I know that for the other half of America, it may be a challenging four to come. Regardless, as you already know, I hope not just in the next four years (but beyond, no matter who is in office), everyone can work together to bring change to America, no matter what the party affiliation. And, I don't think it matters who takes office right now, the challenges that person faces are many and great. I don't envy any man or woman who is elected to that post. Anyway, rambling aside, keep your chin up. Our country is always greater than one man or one political party. No matter what, we'll carry on.

Connie said...

I think we are all sad and scared at some level. We are in the depths of huge problems with no clear answer in sight. Whenever I have these moments I ask what I can do to help ease those feelings. I think you'll find in the fear you have great strength and something in common with the other side.