Tuesday, January 27, 2009

" The Cowboys"

Dave and I both listen to a wide variety of music. Everything from Heavy Metal to Big Band and everything in between. Of course this means Emma and Ian have always listened to lots of different types of music.

Emma seems to have developed her music preferences like me and it all depends on her mood at the time. I will say that she seems to listen to Top 40's music more than anything but when the mood strikes her she can headbang as good as her dad.



Ian is a little different and goes through phases of what he wants to listen to. This summer he wanted to listen to all 80's Hair Band stuff, he always called this the jumping music probably because that is how he liked to dance to it. Shortly before Christmas his preference changed again and now it's all about the Country music. Only instead of calling it Country he calls it "the cowboys". He has become more picky about "the cowboys" the past few weeks and will now only listen to the old country music and mainly only the songs that men sing. As soon as we get in the car he asks to listen to it and if it's a newer country song or one he doesn't like he will scream at the top of his lungs to put on "the cowboys" until I find a different song on. At first I thought it was really cute but it's starting to get on my nerves. So as much as I like to here him call Country music "the cowboys" I can't wait til he is done with this phase.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! He and my David would get along splendidly. :) - Tif

T said...

That is so cute but I understand getting sick of it. My two year old is addicted to Pink of all things and if I have to listen to "so what" one more time I will scream!

Mom In Progress said...

LOL! That is so cute. I can sympathize. My eldest is huge into music and at about that age went through a boys only music. Its surprisingly hard to find songs you can sing along to but only by boys. Haha, cute but good to be done with too. I love that he calls it 'cowboys'.