Friday, January 16, 2009

Four Eyes

By the end of this month you may be able to add Four Eyes to my list of nicknames.

I broke down today and called to make an appointment with an optometrist. A few weekends ago when my sister and I were in Dayton because of my grandpa we were trying to find one of my sisters banks. Her bank uses Green signs and I saw a sign that had green on it like her bank but I couldn't make out the words on it. I made a comment to my sister about how I couldn't tell what it said. We were fairly far away so I didn't think anything about not being able to see it but then Steph said she could read the sign. It used to be that I could see better than her even when she had her contacts in so this was a little alarming for me.

I started to think about it and realized that things that I used to be able to see I can't as well anymore like street signs and reports on my computer.

This week I have had to spend allot of hours reviewing reports and I've found myself squinting to see the words clearly which is something I have never had to do before. Once I realized this I started zooming in to enlarge the reports but the system we have makes it a pain in the butt to do this so I still spent allot of time squinting. Of course this has made my eyes and head hurt.

This afternoon I had finally had enough and I got on my benefits site and found an in-network doctor just down the street from me. I have an appointment on the 31st so we will see what is going on with my eyes.

4 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

Ah, we're getting old. I, too, and starting to notice serious eye trouble. I'll be interested to hear what you find out.

T said...

Nothing wrong with adding a very stylish pair of glasses to your wardrobe!

Emily said...

Jess, you are going to look fabulous in glasses! No worries.

Lindsay said...

That sucks but at least you won't be straining your eyes anymore. Welcome to the club! :)