Thursday, July 3, 2008

Leslie Harmon

This is a hard post to write and it's going to be a sad one.

My Uncle Les, who is my moms older brother, died early this morning.

6 or so years ago my uncle was diagnosed with a combination of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. It took them 3 years to determine this so it was pretty severe by the time they figured it out.

About 3 weeks ago my Aunt Nan (his wife) called to let us know the doctors were only giving him 4-6 weeks because his body was starting to shut down. Then yesterday afternoon my mom called to let me know that the nurses taking care of my uncle said it was only a matter of hours. Sometime early this morning he passes away.

My uncle leaves behind his wife and two sons as well as both his younger sisters and his mother.

I'm not really sure how to end this post or what else to say at this point so I'm just going to go.

5 comments:

Tiffany McCallen said...

Jess, I'm so sorry about your family's loss. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'll be praying for you and your family.

~Billie~ said...

I am very sorry about your loss. I will say a prayer for your family. :)

Insane Mama said...

I'm sorry. My grandma recently passed away, so I know how it feels to lose someone. Take some time to feel the pain

Lindsay said...

That's to bad. I knew he wasn't doing well but right before the holiday's kinda makes it a little worse. I will keep your family in my prayers. :)