Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chicken and Dumplings Gone BAD

Those of you not from Ohio may not remember what happen in this great state on Election Day 2004. We had record turn outs at the polls which meant we waited in line for hours upon hours to cast our vote ultimately being the deciding factor that got George W. Bush re-elected. For Dave and I we arrived at our voting location 15 minutes before the polls opened and 5 hours later we cast our vote. It was awful, miserable, and just plain retarded.

So this year we prepared for the worst. I knew that I would be getting up and leaving the house earlier than I would normal get up for a regular work day. That meant I would probably be tired tonight (which I am) so thinking ahead I decided that I wasn't going to want to cook. My solution to that was to make the awesome, easy crock pot version of Chicken and Dumplings my friend Lindsay gave to me. I got everything ready and in the dish part of my crock pot last night and placed that in the fridge so it would be ready to go this morning. When I got up this morning I forgot to take the dish out of the fridge to let it warm up a little before I turned the crock pot on so right before we left to vote I pulled it out. When Dave and I returned from voting(only one short hour later thanks to the new early voting laws) I transferred the kids directly to my car and I asked Dave to do one teeny weeny, itsy bitsy favor for me and turn the crock pot on low.

Two hours later Dave called to say hi and I asked him if he turned the crock pot on. His response of "Oh Shit" was not exactly what I wanted to hear. His little mistake left me a little upset. We were going to have to dump the Chicken and Dumplings down the drain wasting that money and the only thing we have to eat in this house is some Velveeta cheese.

Ok that last part isn't really true I just had to work Velveeta cheese into a post for Candid Carrie.

Anyway, I really don't have anything else to make for dinner because everything is frozen and I am not eating Tomato soup for dinner when I had it for lunch. I called Dave on my way home and told him he would be taking the kids and I out to a nice dinner because fast food is not going to take care of the Chicken and Dumplings craving I have. I think going out is a fair trade and even if it's not I don't care.

4 comments:

Emily said...

At least its not your fault sweetie! Just blame Dave :)
Nice velveeta mention I must say!
Love you sweetie.
EM

Lindsay said...

I hope he took you somewhere nice! That really stinks... :(

Mom In Progress said...

Haha, I like his response. (oh shit.) Well I hope you got a good dinner out for it after you not only didn't get your dinner but it was wasted. Oh and my poles were drastically shorter here too!!

Candid Carrie said...

Very nice Velveeta mention!