Sunday, October 5, 2008

Emma's Birthday Party

I am very lucky to have a great friend Jenn whose husband manages a local Roller Skating Rink and he was kind enough to let us use it yesterday morning from 11 to 1 for a private birthday party for Emma. This meant it was just the people that I invited so we didn't have to worry about where the kids were and whether or not some big kid was messing with them. It also meant that us adults were able to skate and not feel like complete fools in front of people.

I must say it was kind of fun to put skates on again, even Dave joined us for a while and skated. Shortly before time to eat Tim (Jenn's husband) got the limbo pole out and we all played limbo on skates. I am totally paying for this today with a huge bruise on my hip but it was so much fun. The whole party was fun and Emma got a ton of really cool presents. So any of you that were there thank you for making Emma's birthday so special this year!

Now on to the good stuff pictures! The first four pictures were taken before we left for the party and the rest were all at the party.

Emma and her present




Emma & Ian

Emma & Daddy

Emma & Mommy

Emma, Ian, & Daddy skating

Dave & Robbie

Dave, Me, Lindsay, & Robbie

Shanna, Me, Jenn, & babies

Cousin Dominic & Aunt Pat

Emma & Andrew


Mason


Emma & Mady

Me after falling during limbo

My brother Nick winning


Cake


Blowing out the candles

6 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like you had an amazing party. How lucky for you to be able to go to a roller rink. That sound like fun!

Lindsay said...

We had a great time at the party even though my tailbone is a little bruised from the fall during limbo! :) Thanks for inviting us...... Happy Birthday Emma! :)

Emily said...

Oh WHAT FUN!! Love the cake, man Emma looks just like you, as pretty as can be!
I have to admit I like the one of you taking a dive, because, that is EXACTLY what I would be doing!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA! What a great day.
Em

Kristen said...

Awesome party and great pictures- looks like Emma had a wonderful birthday!

Tiffany McCallen said...

Great pictures!!!! I wish I could be there. I'm a sight to see on skates. You could have gotten several laughs on my behalf.

Kelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Emma!!

It looks like everyone had a fantastic time (including the adults!!) Sorry to hear about your injury!