Friday, October 3, 2008

Turn that frown upside down.

This is exactly what Emma did for me yesterday evening.

I have had a really rough week and yesterday was exceptionally. Dave closed again last night and after Tuesday night's non stop bickering I was sure I would come home to insane children. I was wrong, we only had one minor issue and that really happened at the babysitters house so I may not consider it one of mine. I was not feeling the whole cooking thing so I just fixed some chicken nuggets and Tomato Soup for dinner. My kids like to dunk chicken nuggets better than grilled cheese, it's surprisingly good.

Anyway, we were sitting there eating and this is the conversation I had with Emma.

Em: Mom I want to tell you something.

Me: ok what?

Em: Mom you make my heart feel really special........ and happy!

Me: (tearing up) I do? Really?

Em: yeah mommy, you always take care of us. you make us soup when we are sick, and put band aids on us when we get hurt, and you alway give us lots of hugs.

Me: I love you and you make my heart feel special.

It always amazes me the things she comes up with, but I think this one by far is the best.

6 comments:

Insane Mama said...

She couldn't have said it any better. To be appreciated and acknowledged for what we do as moms is very special. Hope you have a better week

Kristen said...

Aww, she just melts your heart huh? What a sweetie.

Tiffany McCallen said...

I liked it the second time I heard it too!

Emily said...

Oh, Jess. One of the best statements I have heard all week!
Oh, Emma, your timing and your sweetness couldnt have been better.
It is so nice when they say stuff like that because you know they say ONLY what they think. So pure and beautiful.
You are a great MOMMY! And Emma is one great kid! (she should be, she is yours.)
Lots of love.
Em

Kelly said...

What a fantastic thing to hear as a Mommy!! I'm happy that you documented this!!

Lindsay said...

Awwww I love when they say things like that! How sweet! :)