Thursday, June 26, 2008

hole & "HOLE"

When I walked into the sitters this evening Emma was sitting in the Time Out spot and she had that poor me look on her face.

Of course I immediately asked her what she did and she whispered something that I couldn't understand. I was thinking to myself oh great this is going to be bad because only when she has done something really bad does she act like that.

After asking her to speak up twice I finally get her to tell me that she was showing one of the other girls there the hole in her underwear. Ok not very lady like but not that big of a deal.

Now the sitter must have seen the look of confusion on my face because she says oh it was a little more than that. Ok now I have to know what the heck is going on.

My sitter proceeds to tell me that while she was talking to one of the other kids mother she looked over at Emma and saw her sitting with her legs wide apart (she's wearing a dress today) and her crotch is hanging out of her underwear while one of the other girls is bent over looking at Emma's crotch. The babysitter immediately asked what they were doing and Emma says;

"She's looking at my hole!"

After the babysitter and the other mother picked their jaws up off the floor the babysitter asked her again what in the world they were doing and again Emma says;

"Becca wanted to see my hole!"

(I have to say at this point in the story I am cracking up to the point I am about to pee my pants because Emma had shown me the hole in her underwear last night while we were sitting in the basement waiting for the storm to pass and I forgot to change them when it was over, so i knew exactly where this was going.)

At that point the babysitter said she started to think there was a serious problem and she really thought that this other girl was teaching Emma things she shouldn't be (it's happened before because this girl has an older sister who knows way more than she should about things). So the babysitter starts to yell at both the girls that it's not ok to show each other their private areas and as she was asking them why they were doing that Emma interrupts her and says;

"I wasn't showing her my privates I was showing her the hole in my underwear!"

I guess both the other mother and the babysitter started busting out laughing at this point because, well because it's just darn funny!

Now I'm sure your asking yourself why was Emma's crotch hanging out when the sitter looked over. Well we aren't really sure but from where the hole was in the underwear and the way Emma's hand were holding them we think Emma pulled her underwear out to show the little girl and by doing that she exposed her crotch. Also Emma wasn't really in time out the babysitter had just separated the two of them and she was talking to them about why we don't show other people our underwear or private areas.

3 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

I love that you were in the basement.

I love that you knew she had a hole in her unders but you let her keep wearing them.

I love that your sitter had enough common sense to find the humor in it.

I love that I found your blog.

Mom In Progress said...

LOL! That is a riot. Um seriosly embarrassing story for her one day, but what a riot. Poor thing just wanted to show off her holey underwear. I'm so glad everyone figured it out!

Tiffany McCallen said...

Oh Emma... that's a classic! She's gonna love that one at age 13. And I think you should definitely tell her.