Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I Grow Up...

A few minutes ago Emma informed me that she wants to be a Doctor when she grows up. Not just any doctor but one that takes care of people like her. I think she means a Pediatrician. She also asked me if I would look stuff up on the computer so I could teach her how to do everything, "like give shots and stuff". I told her she would have to wait until she is older and then she can go to a special school to learn all of that because mommy does not know and wont be able to learn it from the computer.

Sometimes I really wonder where she comes up with this stuff.

This conversations did reminded me of a similar one when she was about 2. Emma said she wanted to be a policewomen like daddy wanted to be a policeman. She would even walk around and pretend to arrest you or pull you over. She always did exactly what your supposed to as a cop. I think she learned it all from watching COPS with daddy.

It also has me trying to remember what I wanted to be when I grew up. So much so that I even called my mom and asked her if she ever remembers me saying "when I grow up I want to be......". Unfortunately if I ever said this she doesn't remember what it was and I don't remember it either. The only thing I do know is that I have always known that I would be a mother, maybe that what I thought I would be and if so I did it.

Now in my head as I am typing this post I am thinking to myself am I doing what I wanted to do. I mean I do like my job but there is one thing I would like to do but I'm not sure about so I googled when I grow up and it took me to this site.

http://www.blogthings.com/whatshouldyoubewhenyougrowupquiz/

It's a very quick quiz that tells you what you should be doing. Here is what it said about me:

You Should Be a Manager

You're very organized, motivated, and methodical.
Fair and objective, you can see all sides of a conflict. You are a good mediator.
You are task oriented. You do well with deadlines and schedules.
And while you can be a task master at times, you're good at managing people and listening to their input.

You do best when you:

- Must have attention to detail
- Are in charge of people

You would also be a good accountant or personal assistant.


Holly crap, it's pretty accurate. I am not an accountant but I work in the Bookkeeping section of my office and I am very detailed and task oriented.

So here is my question to you. What did you want to be when you grew up, and are you that??? Does it fit your personality??

3 comments:

Apple Joos said...

I was just thinking about Blog Things today and how it's a shame that we don't all post quiz results! I want to know what kind of coffee drink or shade of blue all my friends are!

Candid Carrie said...

Oh Mrs. Wilson, I certainly picked the wrong square on this one! Leave it to me, my blog writing scored high school, if I was a flower I would be a weed and now this!

I may have just taken my last on line test!

You Should Be a Doctor

You are practical, sharp, and very intuitive. Optimistic and energetic, you are a problem solver who doesn't get discouraged easily. You are also quite compassionate and caring. You make people feel hopeful. You're highly adaptable and capable. You do well with almost any curve ball life throws at you. You do best when you:

- Are always learning new subjects

- Use your knowledge to solve problems

You would also be a good therapist or detective.

JWilson said...

Well miss Carrie from what I know of you, you are a very good problem solver, just look at the toad situation, you tried many differnt avenues I never would have thought of. I am sure with all those kids around you have a ton of practice being a therapist to. :)