Today has been a very iformative day for me. I have learned a few things about my children that I did not know, some good, some bad, and some just plain weird.
What, you ask are these things I've learned? Well I will tell you and in the order I learned them.
1. Ian has learned how to spit and for the past two weeks whenever he gets mad or upset with one of the kids at the sitter's house he spits on them. He has not done this at home so it was news to me. On a side note, if you have any suggestions on how to stop this PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.
2. Emma apparently picks the buggers out of Ian's nose on a regular basis. Just as I was getting ready to leave the sitter's house this morning I noticed Ian had a giant green bugger in his nose and I went to get it out of his nose (with a tissue), but he screamed and ran away from me. The sitter thought this was funny and I wasn't understanding why untill she told me that most days she will catch Emma picking Ian's nose for him. He doesn't scream or run away from her and she always puts them in a tissue and throws it in the trash when she's done so the sitter lets her do it.
3. On top of spitting on kids now Ian is also pinching nipples when he gets mad. Yes you heard me right pinching nipples! Let me just tell you all, this really hurts and I was shocked when he reached down and did it to me this evening. At that point Emma told me that Ian did that to her to and he learned it from one of the other boys at the sitter's house. I'm sure when I tell Dave he will be oh so proud but I am not so happy about the titi twister habit and it had better stop!
4. Emma has a new found facination with leaves. She doesn't care what kind, or shape, or if they are alive or dead she just likes them. I'm not sure what this means if anything all I know is when I went to get her clothes out to pack in her bag for tomorrow I came across a huge pile of leaves in her dresser drawer.
5. Last but not least Ian told me tonight that he will not use the potty anymore because he doesn't like it. This after he finally pooped in the potty a few days ago. We gave him tons and tons of praise and he even got a giant Kit Kat bar, or as he says Kittie Kat bar. I am really begining to think that he will have to be home schooled because he wont be potty trained by the time he is 5.
So there you have it!