Friday, June 6, 2008

Pay Back's a Bitch!

If you were a fly on the wall in my car this is what you would have heard this afternoon.

Emma: Why didn't you pack me a dress this morning?

Me: Because I packed you a tank top and shorts.

Emma: But I wanted to wear a dress.

Me: Why does it matter if you had a dress on or your shorts?

Emma: Because Mady and Becca had dresses on and I didn't.

Me: So what.

Emma: Really why didn't you pack me a dress???

Me: Because I knew it was going to be really hot out and all your play dresses have sleeves so I thought the tank top would be cooler for you to wear.

Emma: But I wanted to wear a dress and the sleeves are short.

Me: Well you didn't tell me you wanted to wear a dress last night when I was packing your bag. I will pack one for you to wear on Monday.

Emma: NO I wanted to wear it today, Mady and Becca wont have dresses on Monday.

Me: Well I'm sorry but you can't change what you wore today.

Emma: (crying)

OK folks, she is only 4 years old and I am already having the clothes argument?! What am I going to do when she is 14????? I'm not sure what I was thinking but I called my mom hoping for some kind of comforting or help on this and all she did was laugh her ass off. Apparently I deserved this meltdown of Emma's because starting at the age of 2 I refused to wear anything my mom picked out for me. So maybe I did deserve that but really what will I do when she becomes a teenager if I'm having issues now. This thought scares the crap out of. So much so that I am going to go have a glass or two of wine.

All and this argument was taking place while Ian was sitting in his car seat kicking his legs and screaming at the top of his lungs because I yanked him off a toy after her rammed it into my foot at the sitters house.

It's going to be a long evening in the Wilson's House!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Mady does the same thing but not as bad as Emma I don't think. She wants to wear a dress every day though. I don't have enough dresses for everyday. I guess we'll have to go shopping! :)

JWilson said...

Even though mom lauged at me she ended up going to the store and buying Emma a bunch of sun dresses! I think she must have felt bad for not supporting me in my time of need. :)

Tiffany McCallen said...

Looks like you better pack TWO outfits in the babysitter bag... a dress and a shorts outfit. Perhaps that will keep your wardrobe diva in check! :) Can't believe Emma is growing up so fast!