Saturday, April 26, 2008

Girls Day Out!

I have to start this out by saying that I have one of the best mother-in-laws ever. Sharon lives about and hour north of us so we don't get to see her very often. Because of this Sharon will keep the kids one weekend a month. It really works out for everyone, she gets to spend time with her only grandchildren (Dave's an only child), the kids get to spend time with their Mamaw, and Dave and I get time with each other. I know I am lucky and trust me I do not take any of this for granted!

So this is weekend the kids are at her house and I met one of my really good friends to go shopping. We went to this store in Lancaster called Dave and Barry's (which I had never heard of) where everything in the store was under $9.00. We weren't really sure what to expect but to our surprise it was really cool. They carry the Bitten clothing line by Sarah Jessica Parker and it's super cute and adorable. It also looks like it's made very well and nothing was more than $9.00. I found a really cute pair of khaki pants and a pair of black dress pants that fit so well. They might be my new favorites. I also got a really cute pair of silver ballet slippers. The only thing bad I can say about the line is that if you are someone who worries about the actually size of your clothes you might not like these. They all ran about a size small.

After our shopping spree we went to one of her friends house for a Jewelry party. I wasn't planning on buying anything but they had this really cute silver bracelet with a star charm and part of the proceeds went to a children's charity so I broke down and purchased it. It was fun though to try on all the different pieces they had and of course we had some amazing food and good wine.

It was just nice to get out and spend some time with the girls without any children. I had a blast! Thanks Shanna.

No comments: