Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shhh, It's a secret!

I've been meaning to write about this all week but I've either forgot or had something else I needed to. So before I completely forget I am going to share it now.

There was one good, no great thing that happen during our 3 day power outage. It was Monday night and I was sitting on the floor in front of the couch (this was the kids bed for those few nights) trying to get the kids to go to bed. I thought I finally had them settled in and I had started to get up when Ian says to me in a loud whisper;

"Mommy I have a secret for you"

So I knelt down beside him and this is what he whispered in my ear;

"I love you!"

My heart instantly melted. Those words are the most rewarding words to hear my children say and for Ian to say them to me in that way brought tears to my eyes. It was the sweetest moment and I just had to share that.