So I have been thinking all day about what to post tonight and I have been drawling a blank. Then I stopped by Song for Whoever and she had the meme up and I thought wow this is perfect since my first will be 5 on Sunday. So here it is if you would like to steal it be my guest.
Me and My First Baby
1. Were you married at the time? Yes, we celebrated our first anniversary in August and she was born in October.
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Excited, Scared, Nervous, Happy all in one
3. How old were you? 21 when I got pregnant, 22 when she was born
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? A pregnancy test because Dave insisted we get a pregnancy test after I had been sick for three mornings in a row. We had been trying for 7 months and I had gotten to the point where I didn't think it was going to happen.
5. Who did you tell first? Since we looked at the pregnancy test together we each called our moms to tell them the good news.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes
7. Due date: October 12
8. Did you deliver early or late? Early
9. Did you have morning sickness? All day everyday for the first trimester. I was so sick I lost almost 10 pounds in my first trimester.
10. What did you crave? I never had any real cravings i just preferred salty things.
11. Who irritated you the most? a co-worker but I think she would have pregnant or not.
12. What was your first child’s sex? Female
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 32
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I have scoliosis, and double curvature both in my lower back so being pregnant made it about a thousand times worse. As my pregnancy progressed I started having problems with my hips popping out of their sockets, thankfully they would go right back in. By the end I was very close to being placed on bed rest, but somehow managed to keep my doctor from doing that to me. One last minor complication I had was at 22 weeks a lady rear ended me and for whatever reason this sent me into pre-term labor and I had to be rushed to the hospital. They gave me some drug that I can't remember the name of and it stopped the contractions.
15. Where did you give birth? St. Ann's Hospital in Westerville,Ohio
16. How many hours were you in labor? I never fully went into labor with Emma. It did take about an hour for her to be born. See below if this doesn't make sense to you
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Dave
18. Who watched? Dave was the only one allowed in the room.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? c-section. Exactly one hour after I entered the operation room they pulled Emma out by her feet. She was breech from 16 weeks on. Now having one that did go head first I can tell you that there is not a worse pain than your child slamming her heels into your pelvic bone. She dropped me to my knees a few times.
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I had no choice but to get a spinal. Hello I was sliced from one side to the other. The spinal was the one thing I was scared about and it turned out for good reason. It took the guy three times to finally get my spinal correct. Each time he messed up I peed on the nurse holding me because they had pumped me full of four bags of fluid before the surgery and they wouldn't let me go pee one last time.
21. How much did your child weigh? 7lbs. 4oz.
22. What did you name him/her? Emma Mae. When I was in the 7th grade I had to do a Family tree and I discovered a Great Great Great Great Great Grandmother with the name Emma and I knew then and there if I ever had a daughter that would be her name. I was beyond pissed when Rachel (Jennifer Anistons character on friends) named her daughter Emma because I knew everyone and their brother would be using that name and I was so right. I did not let that keep me from using it though. Now the Mae was chosen by Dave and it was his Grandmothers middle name.
23. How old is your first born today? She is 5 days shy of being 5.
Since this post is all about Emma I thought I would share my favorite newborn picture of her.
My mom took this picture when Emma was about 5 days at home during one of her naps. I think she looks like an angle sleeping like that. She was such a good baby. She only cried when it was time to eat and even then it wasn't really a cry it was more of a little whimper. Who would have thought five years later she would be a motormouth.