Saturday, August 23, 2008

Teardrops, Slides, & Swings

I have a few things I wanted to talk about and I couldn't decide which to use so I'm going to talk about both.First off I had my biopsy yesterday afternoon and holly cow did it hurt! The needle and medication they used to numb me burned really bad. Once that wore off the whole right side of my face felt like someone had took a bat to it. It still hurts today and it's swollen and starting to bruise. On a good note they were able to get the whole mole to send in and instead of using stitches they used silver nitrate. Hopefully this means no scar or a vary little one. The bad thing about the silver nitrate is it leaves a black burn like mark on your face that will take days to wear off on it's own. Dave keeps teasing me because mine kind of looks like one of those gang tattoo's of a teardrop. What do you think???Of course I have a million things to do this weekend with this mark on my face. Which brings me to the other topic.Today the kids, my mom, my brother KJ, and I drove an hour and a half to Troy, Ohio for my cousins son Dominic's 6th birthday party. The party was at a very nice city park which meant tons of playground playing for the kids. They loved every minute of this. They had two favorites though.#1: The SwingsIan did a combination of the baby swings and he got to sit on my lap and swing on the big kid swings.Emma was such a big girl and swung on the big kid swing all by herself.I also HAVE to share the following picture with you. This is my Aunt Pat who is over 50, has knee problems, and had multiple back surgeries. She is crazy but that's why I love her.#2: The SlidesThis park had a number of different slides big, small, twisty, bumpy, or covered.First up is Emma and Aunt Pat coming down the very tall twisted slide that had been at this park since I was a little girl.This next one is of Ian and KJ coming down the same slide.The kids had such a good time today and were so good even in the car.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

The biopsy site does look painful...I can see the teardrop...may be those two beotches as work will be intimidated and not bug you now...
The party looks like fun - great park!

Mom In Progress said...

Haha, it does kind look like tear drop. I'd just go with it and tell people you had it done on purpose. Then leave them standing in shock. The park looks like a blast!