Monday, August 18, 2008

What is it???? **Updated**

Today when I picked the kids up from the sitter's I found Emma with this on her face,



this on her wrist,



and this on her underarm.



So what the heck is it? It doesn't look like her normal eczema to me and if it is I don't understand why it's flaring up now. It's been so cool compared to past summers and extreme heat and extreme cold are the things that bring hers on. The sitter says she has been itching at it all off and on today and she has a stuffy nose and a low grade fever. Of course I called the doctor and we have an appointment in about 1 hour.

I really hope this is nothing and I'm over reacting but I'd rather be safe than sorry. See 2 weeks ago we had an outbreak of MRSA in my office so I'm not taking any chances with this stuff.

** We went to the Doctor and it's Poison Ivy. I've never had it, actually I don't think I can get it, so I didn't know what it was. They did give her an oral steroid because of the place on her face and how it was starting to swell. Thank God it's nothing too serious. **

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, thank goodness. Isn't it funny how as moms we jump to the worst possible scenario?!
I hope she gets relief from the itching soon!!

Tiffany McCallen said...

Oh boy—makes me itchy just thinking about it! Poor Emma. Hope she's feeling better!