Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just not appropriate

Last night on my way from the sitters house to Ruby Tuesday's to met my mom for dinner I was talking to the kids. I asked Emma how her day was and she proceeded to tell me this:

Emma: Becca got in trouble today
Me: For what?
Emma: She took the bottom of her shirt and pulled it down through the top (she was also demonstrating how this worked)and taught Mady and Me how to do it.
Me: Why was that bad
Emma: Because it's JUST NOT APPROPRIATE MOM! (add allot of attitude behind that)
Me: OK then (trying my hardest not to laugh my ass off)

When did my 4 year old learn to use the word appropriate and in the right context? I asked the sitter this morning if she said that to them yesterday and she didn't so somewhere along the way Emma has learned the word Appropriate and how to use it.

Emma also tried to use the word Antioxidants but that one didn't' quite come out right. We were in Target after dinner walking by the food and Emma said "that stuff smells like antioxidants" only it was pronounced like antiodegents. It took me a few minutes to figure out what she was trying to say but once I did I explained to her how to say it right as well as what it meant. I also asked her where she learned that word and she said from TV so who knows.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kids say the darnedest things! I bet she got the antioxidants from that grape juice commercial. Where the little girl puts the cups in her room to scare off the monsters, because it has antioxidants in it. Mady likes that commercial. LOL!

Candid Carrie said...

Ooooh, they come so close some times. My five year old daughter told me she was trying very hard to "being haved" (behaving) ...

Tiffany McCallen said...

What a smart little whippersnapper! :)