Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What is that smell?

This morning I went upstairs to get the kids up to go to the babysitters and as usualy Ian has made his way into Emma's bed sometime through the night. I have a really awesome babysitter who gets my kids dressed as long as I pack their clothes for the day so in the morning all I have to do is put shoes and coats on. So I pull back the covers so that I can get to Emma's feet and I notice Ian's naked butt!

At first it wasn't registering that he no longer ahd his diaper or pj pants on. Once it did I also recognized a very distinctive smell in the room. Yep it was the smell of pee! Of course I had to make sure so I pick up Ian's blanket and put it up to my nose, oh yeah he so peed the bed.

Of course I don't have time for any of this. I quickly got Emma up and smelled her clothes, crap she needs cahnged to. I ended up taking Emma and Ian downstairs with clean PJ's and a couple blankets that didn't smell like piss, changed then and headed out the door as quick as I could.

This of course means that as soon as I get home tonight I will have to strip the bed and wash all the sheets and blankets.

Ok, now I have a question for all of you. How do you keep a 2 year old from taking their diaper off? Ian does this all the time during the day, but this is the first time he has done it in the middle of the night and I really don't want this to happen again. It makes for a very stressful morning.

2 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

No clue on your question, but I would have called in sick and stayed home to do laundry. You are a better employee than I would be ...

Lindsay said...

The joys of motherhood! Fun Fun Fun! I'm not sure what to tell you either. Mason is not at that point yet and hopefully he does not do that. LOL! Good Luck! :)